Caution when Cooking!

Use caution when cooking.  Cooking tops the annual list as the leading cause of home fires and related injuries in the Eastern Idaho and Thanksgiving is historically the top day each year for these accidents. Unattended cooking is one of the biggest contributors to residential fires. If you’re frying, boiling, grilling, or broiling food, stay in the kitchen while it is cooking. When simmering, baking, or roasting food, check it often and never leave home while it’s cooking. Another important safety tip is never to throw water on a grease fire. Learn how to put out a grease fire here

Instead, keep a lid within arm’s reach and place it over the pan if a grease fire starts. Then turn off the burner and leave the pan covered until it is cool. Also, be aware of flammable objects near the stovetop, such as towels and loose clothing. Lastly, teach small children the dangers of a hot stove and the importance of keeping a safe distance while food is cooking. In the event you do encounter damage to you home, whether its simple smoke damage, or more, we at 1st Response Restoration have you covered!

One call and we take it from there…208-684-0201