What to Do If You Find Mold…

Mold in Blackfoot Idaho

Mold in your home or business can be a serious problem. It is usually caused by water damage such as leaks, poor ventilation, and floods. It can grow on any surface where there is a presence of oxygen and moisture. If gone unnoticed and untreated for too long, mold can cause health issues for someone who has had continued exposure to it. It is important that the mold is detected and removed as soon as possible.


1. Have Your Home Tested for Mold

If you think you have mold in your home or business, you will want to have your home or business tested by a professional. Do not make the mistake of attempting to clean the mold on your own without having it tested. It is important to know what type of mold is growing in your home or office and the severity of the growth. Professional mold testers will be able to complete a thorough inspection of your home to find all of the mold.

2. Tend to Your Health

If you are informed that you have mold in your home or business and you have also been experiencing symptoms that persist and include allergies, sore throat, itching eyes, fatigue, and/or headaches, please see your doctor. Inform him that you have mold in your home or business so that he can administer the appropriate treatment. Undetected and untreated exposure to toxic mold has been linked to more serious, long term issues.

3. Call a Professional Restoration Service

After you have had your home or business professionally tested and have been informed that you need to hire a professional mold removal service, 1st Response Restoration is certified, trusted, and can help. Call us today and we will take care of the rest. 208-684-0201

We proudly serve all of Eastern Idaho; and are proud to call this area home.